Mar 13, 2008

Pizza party for one – Dallas, TX - February 2008

In a marriage you must make compromises. What color to paint the living room, how to fold the towels who gets the shower first and which is more important to record on the DVR, Tracks Across Africa or the season ender of Gray’s Anatomy because there’s no way American Idol is getting bumped. One of the casualties of compromise in my marriage has been delivery pizza. I have willingly given up my love of thin crust pizza for the privilege to choose the toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives).

I must confess, I was recently in Dallas and reunited with my long lost love of Pizza and found that it had only grown stronger with time

.…So there I was cross-legged in my PJ’s on the living room floor of my completely upgraded for free hotel suite indulging myself on my very own medium thin crust Domino's pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives, a 20oz coke, and watching Gossip Girl with a hot fire going in the fire place (remember the earlier mentioned completely upgraded for free hotel suite).

I wouldn't trade any part of my merriage, and pray that we continue to be blessed. That being said it really is nice, every once in a while, to have a pizza party for one.

Until next time,
Bon voyage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo....you know I think we might just be related after all...I mean I was really starting to believe all those times you told me I was adopted, but now there is no way you can dispute the fact that we're sisters. We love the same kind of pizza. This crust is by far the best option.
Love you!
-Suzanna

Anonymous said...

I truly appreciate this story. Maybe we should have a pizza party for two but both get our favorite kind of pizza! Sarah:)