Mar 13, 2009

Ants in My Plants and the Contest is Heating Up!!! – March 2009

So I returned home late from work on Wednesday after a long action packed day, to find the Hub flooding my beloved Peace Lilly, conveniently named “Lilly”.

Note to Reader: Before I was married, I was able to successfully keep plants alive, however, since we’ve been married, the hub has become master of the plants and pretty much everything I attempt to grow ends up being in the plant ICU on life support and attached to all sorts of plant type monitors.

Upon seeing the hub with the giant watering can I’d actually thought that the stress of his career choice had finally gotten to him and he’d out right lost his mind. He looked up from what I thought was a massacre and said with a laugh, “Hey Babe! I got Ants in my plants!”

With a little more explanation I learned that during our brief week of warm weather Lilly spent two days and a night out on the patio. What a wild child! When the temperature started to drop, all the neighborhood ants that mistakenly thought it was spring found refuge in the warmth of my peace lilly’s pot. What a floozy! Talk about unwanted house guests!

So, being the great plant daddy he is, the Hub read on the Internet that aside from re potting, one of the only ways to get rid of the ants in your plants was to flood them out because…. Random of all facts…. Ants can’t swim! Who knew!?

CONTEST UPDATE!

Today’s the day!!! HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!!!

I can’t believe it’s only been a year. So there are 73 posts to choose from and only 5 days left to pick your favorite! We’ve gotten a few really good entries. I don’t envy the judges job at all! Oh and speaking of judges, I’ll be introducing you to them soon. Two of my Favorite people!

So keep the entries coming! Click HERE for more details

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

2 comments:

Suz said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I love this one. I could totally see the HUB saying this....ants in your plants. That Lilly she's something else...what a woman of the night!! lol my blogaversary entry will come soon.

love you

Sara W said...

HAHA- ants in my plants- that's hilarious