Sep 18, 2009

Hanging Out - Baltimore, MD - September 2009

Note To Reader: If you haven'thad a chance to check out the final section of the Pick-A-Path story click HERE.

So it's been a process getting settled in with the Hub working at the Hospital and I working a retail schedule (one day off in the middle of the week and one day off on the weekend), we haven't had a lot of time to devote to decorating.

So after finishing a week long project I lucked out and got to take my two days off together (yesterday and today).

I'm finally to the point where I've started hanging things on the wall, which to me is the beginning of things feeling like home. So here's what I've been working on.

A special thanks to Gary for the loan of power tools.
Firs:my mirror arrived safe and sound via the movers (which by the way was an AWESOME experience - more to come about that soon).
Then there's the matching dresser that the mirror has to hang over.
The hub does a quick power tool demo...
And then we're off to the races!!! Have I told you how much I LOVE power tools?!
The trick to this mirror is getting both screws level and it looks like we did a pretty good job.
Then replace the dresser and VOILA!!!
(I LOVE this wall color! It seriously reminds me of chocolate milk... Mmmmmmmmm!!!)
Second on the agenda, hang more stuff!!!
Note To Reader: You can get a sneak peek at the accent wall color I picked for the living room.
Yay!!!
Note To Self: Do NOT hit this...
With this...

Kitty Sticks: "Mommy, look how good of a helper I am! Now can I please eat that metal thing?"
WanderingLili: "No Ma'am!!!"
After a couple of tries Both metal things are on the back of the mirror that I am hoping to hang in the hall.
Now for hooks.
Oh I forgot to mention that I'm on my own for this one. The hub is in Nashville this week.
Repeat this process for these great frames I found at XXX-Mart.
(I know shame on me!)
Ta Dah!!! My decorated front hall!!!
I know it's not much, but it's a start!

Till next time,
Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

take bunch of pics. we want a home tour!